As mentioned in our Terms of Service, you acknowledge that any harm or lack of privacy resulting from the use of the Services is not as valuable to you as the potential ability to play interactive online games with the benefits afforded by using the Services.
Purposes of the processing:
Lunar Client processes personal information to prevent prohibited persons from using the Services.
Legal basis of the processing:
Recipients of the personal data:
Lunar Client is the primary recipient of your personal data, however, we may share limited information with our partners who use Lunar Client to protect their services.
The types of personal data being collected and processed:
Lunar Client may collect and process the following information from you:
- IP address
- Game identifiers (e.g. in-game name, account UUID, etc.)
- Information about the running operating system
- Information about game-related and operating-system-related files and memory
- Information about running processes, drivers and other executable code
- File names included in other information listed here, which might also contain your operating system user name
The duration of the processing/storage:
Lunar Client may store the information for the entire duration of its services.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them. We collect PII, DII, and log information about your interactions as described below.
Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that can be used to identify or contact you online or offline.
PII/DII Collected related to use of the Lunar Client: We may collect PII such as your in-game username, IP address, and email address when you are using the Lunar Client.
In order to aid us in the detection and prevention of cheats, exploits, hacks, blacklisted modifications, or other illicit third party programs forbidden under our Lunar Client End User License Agreement and/or Lunar Client Terms of Service, to help us deliver and improve the Services, and to prevent prohibited users from using the Services, we may:
- Create and/or collect device-identifiable information (DII)
- Upload automatic crash reports
PII and DII collected incidental to the detection of a cheat, exploit, hack, blacklisted modification, or illicit third party program or functionality is retained by Lunar Client indefinitely in order to help us deliver and improve the Services.
PII Collected related to Purchases: We may collect PII when you make a purchase from Lunar Client. PII collected during a purchase may include your in-game username, IP address, email address, address, and payment information (such as the PayPal email used to make a purchase).
PII Collected related to Website and Other Interactions: The Services may collect PII when it is provided to us, such as when you attempt to contact us, submit a resume or job application, or connect with us on social media or one of our partners. While using the Lunar Client website, we may collect information about your interactions, including navigation paths, search queries, timestamps, purchases, clicks and shares, and referral URLs.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Services, to develop new Services and offerings, and to protect us and our users.
PII is primarily used for business purposes, such as detection of cheats, exploits, hacks, blacklisted modifications, or other illicit third party programs, enforcement of the Lunar Client’s Terms of Service, found at https://lunarclient.com/terms, responding to inquiries, logins, and providing the Services. When you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication as well as the other information to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about changes or improvements. If you are banned from the Services, we will publicly mark your in-game username as banned on our website.
We share PII with companies, outside organizations, and individuals for limited reasons, outlined below:
- With your consent - We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons - We will share PII with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer - If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including PII collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
Accessing and updating your information
We aim to provide you with reasonable opportunity to access, update, and delete to your PII. In some cases, we may have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability protections. However, since no software or storage system is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information associated with the Services, or any other service for that matter.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our Services, please contact us at the email provided at the end of this Policy.
Our Services are Located in the United States
Our Services are directed to United States citizens. If you are outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and you are consenting to such transfer, processing, and storage under the laws of the United States.
If you have questions or requests regarding your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.